When immediate dental care is required
Dental emergencies can refer to any situation in which immediate dental care is required to alleviate pain, stop bleeding, or prevent further damage to the teeth, gums, or mouth. Some common dental emergencies include:
1. Toothache: A severe toothache can be caused by several factors, including tooth decay, gum disease, or a cracked or abscessed tooth.
2. Chipped or broken tooth: If a tooth is chipped or broken, it can cause pain, sensitivity, and difficulty eating or speaking.
3. Knocked-out-tooth: A knocked out tooth can occur due to trauma or injury to the mouth, and it requires prompt attention to increase the chance of saving the tooth.
4. Lost filling or crown: A lost filling or crown can expose the tooth to further damage and should be treated promptly.
5. Abscessed tooth: An abscessed tooth is a serious dental emergency that can cause severe pain, swelling and fever.
If you experience any of these dental emergencies, it is important to seek immediate dental care. In some cases, delaying treatment can result in further damage or complications.
For emergency dental care please call us at (604) 457-2273